Can too much iron make you tired?[Some TMI included]

I know not enough Iron can make you sleepy. Can taking a prenatal vitamin daily(not pregnant or nursing) cause a person to feel run down? Or do you think it's stress? [I take the prenatal for 2 reasons. 1)Doc said take one a day during child bearing years for the folic acid. 2) TMI but I get really heavy periods.] {another note here TMI again... I had spotting and finally got my period 9 days late, and it didn't want to do like normal and get over it....could that cause a person to feel worn out?} I do have a toddler as well. Thanks in advance for your insight. [Have to wait another couple weeks for medical insurance again so I can go to the doctor.]

babygoose78

Asked by babygoose78 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Health

• I don't think so, but you may have thyroid issues.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've had my thyroid checked yearly and never had any bad reports on that.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The vitamins should help rather than hurt. You might want to check your diet. Add a bit more protein and fiber and cut back on sugars and carbs. Not sugar like junk food, but rather less rice and pasta and more fresh or steamed veggies.

Your monthly cycle being off could either be the reason you are feeling run down, or could be another symptom of whatever is causing you to feel that way. Is it possible that you were pregnant? A miscarriage in the early weeks could explain it all. On the flip side your BC method, could also be contributing.

Get some rest, feel better!!
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2009