Can you find peace?

Do you find peace in your religion or does it bring turmoil to you?
If it does not bring peace to you than why do you continue with it?
If it does bring you peace would you want to bring others that peace even if it means not preaching it to (or depending on how far you take it maybe shoving it onto) others?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Do you find peace in your religion or does it bring turmoil to you?"

I find peace in Jesus, yes. I love His presence in my life and He gives me comfort, love and direction. He is amazing to be close to. I know it sounds so cliche, but He really is my favorite friend. I honestly have never had any turmoil from my relationship with Him.

"If it does bring you peace would you want to bring others that peace even if it means not preaching it to (or depending on how far you take it maybe shoving it onto) others?"

Oh, yes. I am not going to force it on anyone, but yes. I will share my beliefs like we all do. If you are interested more, then great.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• great answer Cinnamon-mom :) I agree
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes I am completely at peace with my atheism.  

No I don't share it unless asked because I am able to understand that what works for me doesn't work for everybody.  I also believe that adults are perfectly capable of finding a religion that suits them all by themselves and don't need me or anybody else pushing our beliefs onto them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I DON'T FOLLOW ANY RELIGION, BUT I BELEIVE IN GOD AND YES IT BRINGS ME PEACE, BUT I THINK I WOULD HAVE PEACE EITHER WAY.

Answer by older at 7:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i am very at peace with my xtianity. if it didn't bring me peace, i'd be the one with the problem,not the religion, imo.i'd be thrilled if everyone had such peace..but not all people want it. whether its my religion or another, or none. some people thrive on turmoil/drama..even those who 'claim to know peace' do this. the peace i have with being a xtian..not all xtians have, as is evident on a daily login to CM. its those unpeacefuls who don't further the peace-message to others they are called to share the gospel to. instead, they tend to put a larger wedge between us and them.
    and no, i wouldn't stop 'preaching it'..how else do you get the message out? see, people who are intolerant of my religion, most often view preaching='shoving'..not so. look up the two words, and you'll find their meanings are most different. some peoples methods can be harsh..not all.use discernment...and enjoy those of us who are peaceful.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• satanism brings me peace, and no i dont push it onto others.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I by no means think it is the religion itself that causes the turmoil in people, because so many religions you see people struggle in you will see others thrive. I just wonder why people would continue their faith in a way that brings unrest. I mean is their other ways they could look at their religion and try to find peace. I just do not understand having a faith (that is suppose to bring at the minimum peace of mind) if all it does is bring turmoil.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Do you find peace in your religion or does it bring turmoil to you? Peace, and greater understanding.

If it does bring you peace would you want to bring others that peace even if it means not preaching it to (or depending on how far you take it maybe shoving it onto) others?My path is my own. What brings me peace may not bring another peace. It is up to them to find what brings them peace. If they ask about mine I will share but aside from that it matters not to the other person. My peace is my own.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm a Buddhist who in incredibly peaceful with the path that I walk. I do not 'preach' the dharma at others, though I am happy to talk about it. I do think there are many ways to feel peaceful and at home in the world and don't assume that the path I follow is the right path for everyone.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009