excessive bleeding?

im on the mini pill i just started taking it bc im still nursing my 8 month old. i havent really gotten a period more then once or twice in the whole 8 months. now that i started the pill again iv had one for three weeks with maybe a 2 day break. is that normal to bleed like that? or should i call the dr. which i think im going to do anyway...but just would like someone else opinion on the issue.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Health

• Yeah, call your Doc for sure!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Definitely call your doctor that is not right. In the mean while take 800mg of ibuprofen it will slow down your bleeding.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have been off of the pill for over a year now, but in February about six months after I stopped taking my birth control pill I stopped having my period. I didn't have a period for almost 4 months, and when I started bleeding one night I went to the ER because I suspected a MC. They told me everything was fine, no MC, every thing was healthy. Well, about a week after I visited the ER I started bleeding and took it as my period.. The bleeding went on for 60 days. Light bleeding, never clots, light cramps to none. My doctor told me that its all hormones, but I would get checked out anyways. Good Luck! :)
    mommyk0106

Answer by mommyk0106 at 5:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "In the mean while take 800mg of ibuprofen it will slow down your bleeding."

No it will not!! It's an anti-inflammatory and actually thins your blood and can make bleeding worse!! 800 mg is a prescription strength, so unless you are a Doctor NEVER tell anyone to take that much!! Yikes!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009