did you ever feel completly exhausted while pregnant?

so basically Im 25 weeks pregnant and lately have been taking it more easy in order to try and revive myself.

well me and my hubby have been doing these 1.5 hour long walks on his day off, eating before hand and bringing lots of water. But ever since we started doing that I have been so worn out. It hurts to lift my head, my back is always sore, Iwant to lay down all day. Im barely thirsty anymore which seems weird

but I dont know how its related to exercise because before we did our walks I had yoga for an hour and a half four days a week.

Did anyone else experience this, do I just need a tylenol and some rest or could this be a normal symptom of pregnancy??

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question Im new at pregnancy

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely totally exhausted!!!! I was for all my children. I did do the walk the first preg. and it was as if after I'd had the baby that all the energy I'd walked out, was, well..... back left with the walking. i should have really ate more when I breast fed, and it was a horror story.... I was thinking that the food was already enough, since I could not stay awake long enough to eat all the time, so go ahead and enjoy the sleepy time. God bless, and special times like these were meant to be ..... Enjoy!! I'll wish you the best , no kidding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• that walk idea sounds awesome! too bad its 101 degrees outside and i'm NOT leaving the house

i've felt tired as well, been sleeping in more often. i contribute that to the heat though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yeah, it's part of pregnancy. I was exhausted the first 3 months and it came back around 6 months. Just take it easy during the third trimester. Exercise is good for you during the pregnancy but just take it down a notch. Maybe only 30 minutes of exercise a day. Good luck
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 1:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It would be unusual if you weren't tired. Just need to make sure you're getting enough rest, listen to your body. Have five children and Tylenol never helped anything, so why bother. But try everybody's different, won't hurt anything. Enjoy!
    Jeanie1102

Answer by Jeanie1102 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• its been hot here too, not humid tho so its not so bad...live in north california

yes Ive been taking it easy and not doing as many walks, and hopefully I can sleep to revive some energy, but its hard since im a severe insomniac and I dont want to take the medication now that im pregnant....but if not I can just sit with my laptop on cafemom and at least relax ;)
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• hon its normal. Your body is telling you to slow it down, that you are doing too much. You truly need the rest for your body to handle the growing baby and the baby needs YOU to rest so he/she is not stressed. Shorten the excercise until you feel stronger, or find another way to excercise that isnt so taxing. good luck...and btw no such thing as a stupid question. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, and last night I went to bed before 9pm. I was enjoying having more engery a couple of weeks ago, but lately i'm so tired. For instance today, i'm at work and I'm ready to fall asleep, I just feel so wore out. It's good your excerising. I would just keep at 30 mins if your tired one day. You're approaching the 3rd trimester and your body is going to tell you it's tired and that it needs to rest.
    I know it's a concern, my best advice is listen to your body, rest and take some tyneol if your still feeling icky, and don't feel quity if you go to bed really early.
    Good luck to you~!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It does sound normal! Just take it easy and don't over do yourself. I do that often, and I love and enjoy walking, but now that I am 36 weeks along it's been hard to really do much of anything. So I am just waiting patiently for My baby to be born.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009