what do contractions feel like

Asked by ashley872 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answer by veronica992 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Cramping. Like your whole lower abdomen tightens up and stay that way for a few seconds

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• really bad period cramps... if you feel it in your back then that's definately a good sign of one.

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• you'll know! LOL!

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Like the worst menstrual cramp you've ever had... and then it gets worse and worse and worse.... and then when baby comes out, you won't even remember HOW painful they were!

Answer by msp12r at 10:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Not all contractions are painful. The early ones feel like tightness along your lower belly. They do get worse, to the point that I didn't think I could bear it anymore. But then he was born and none of it mattered!

Answer by heydooney at 10:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Alright my contractions felt like my stomach was tightening. I couldn't fully stand up straight, because it felt like my stomach was all scrunched in. At first it didn't hurt (like what braxton hicks feel like) and then after a while it was my entire stomach that was tightening up and every time it did it hurt (like really bad gas pain, the kind that double you over.) I could still walk around and move, but it did feel like I had horrible gas pains and with the tightening it was really uncomfortable. That's how it felt for me at least, it's different for all women (all pregnancys.) Of course being able to move positions helped and once you give birth to your baby you honestly forget about EVERYTHING and your so focused on the baby. It's such a wonderful feeling! =)

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 11:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Mine were a lot like how [Mrs.Willis']described. The actual contractions. Mine were all over my tummy. Not just low,like period cramps. At first they did hurt, so I KNEW it was time. When people would tell me "Oh you'll know when it's time". I DID!There was no doubt in my mind if it was false labor or not!
    About 3 hours after labor started, the contractions were HORRIBLE! Just to put it lightly! I have not forgot what they felt like. ;) Lucky for me, I can choose not to ever feel one of those ever again. I had a c-section, so if I want another I can have one! Good Luck honey!

Answer by vano0528 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Menstrual cramps that get worse.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• the WORST menstral cramps you've ever had but sitting relaxing nothing helps. then you know it's contractions and if the cramping changes when you time it and starts getting closer and closer together.

Answer by Tayleina at 4:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008