iud question anyone got one or had one

i am 22 and i have two children a 4 year girl and 12 day old boy i was planning on getting my tubes tied but once i saw my newborn i was like i love babies and what if kinda want one more in the future. so i opted that idea out i know i wont wat another for awhile so i am thinking about an iud did it work you? are they painful? can your SO feel them? what is ur opinon on em?

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 2:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i had the mirena for 2 years .. i just got it removed to ttc..but it was great! i didnt have a period for the whole 2 years i had it. when they put it in you get a little discomfort but it passes with in a day or two. my dh couldnt feel it. you just check the strings every now and again to be sure its still in position. i never had a problem with mine. after my next birthi'll be getting another.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Wow...another person with a blood clotting disorder...I was beginning to feel like I was the only one! Anyway I had Mirena and I did not like it...I bled and cramped everyday until they took it out. It left so much scarring and a bad infection so I shouldn't have gotten pregnant...oh well...I am due in a couple of weeks!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i just got one july 7th and it didnt hurt me at all i had little bit of mild cramping and that was it i bleed lightly for 2 days after it was done.. i havent had any promblems yet there been few times hubby say he could feel something but nothing that bothered him.. but he never say anything anymore.. i dont think he can feel it.. i love mine so far!! doc say after a couple months alot of ladies dont have a period anymore. and if the do its very light and dont last as many days .. i have the mirena .. my baby is 2mnths old i dont want no more kids i also have a 2 yr old. but i didnt wanna get my tubes tied bc i am only 20 and i think that is way to early.. it take all of 5 mins for the doc too insert the mirena b4 hand they do a wet prep kinda like a pap smear too make sure you have NO inffections .. they can not insert the iud if u have an iffection. also.... i would take asprin before hand they will give u something for pain
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• but i never even took mine (meds)bc i didnt hurt!! but everythign workd diff for every 1 its just a risk you take if u dont like it have it removed, but o far i LOVE it.. dont have too worry about a pill a patch a shot or anything.. it helps alot when u have lil ones and u dont want too worry about getting preggo. the iud is 99.9 % effective, mirena has proven to prevent pregnancy 99% of time. iud is put into your womb after it is inserted you dont have to another back up method. u check once a mnth after ur period to make ure string is still in place, and its great it works till u decide u want another child after 5 yrs u can have another inserted, hope thi helpd u out
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009