best over all private health insurance.. for my son.. he is two.. we have been living by the seat

of our pants since like jan.. his health care very sadly ended around may..i was unable to qualify for anything regarding the government or pa.. and i did try out of pure desperation.. anyway.. thankfully
he has nt only been healthy which i can only be grateful to god for... he is up to date all his vaccinations until nov .. but my dh started a new job abt a mnth and hurray we can yes i THINK afford health care for our ONLY son..
what do u recommend?
blue cross.>? kasier permante... ? Enta... i just want to be smart.. bc yes its not an option. but i need advice
thank u very much!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• blue cross is expensive if not thru an employer

go to kp.org for kaiser and look for a quote, you may gualify for low income which means you would pay half what everyone else does

I also have kaiser, I live in northern california and I love it but I have heard bad things about the hospital in the east bay so hopefully you dont live there
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Blue Cross is expensive if you choose the better coverage. But it is good coverage, you get what you pay for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Aentna has some pretty reasonable rates. We had them, a private family plan, until dh was out of work for 2 months and we could no longer pay it. Your state doesn't have a low cost program for children? Where we live we also didn't qualify for free healthcare for the kids but I have to pay $42 a month for them. So DH and I still don't have insurance but at least the kids are covered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Assurant.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You should reapply for medicaid, there have been changes made in a lot of states so that more families qualify. I was making over $11 an hour and still qualified for Badgercare (which is state insurance for working families in Wisconsin). It never hurts to try again. Insurance that you have to pay for on your own are very expensive, have high deductibles and copays.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009