What does it mean when a state does NOT have a State Minimum Wage Law?

And are exempted from tipped employee law? I just got a pay cut because I deliver pizzas. But what are the laws for tipped empolyees who use their own vehichle? I've tried looking online and thats where I found out my state does not have a state minimum wage law. Which exempts employers from the tipped employee law???? Am I right am I getting skrewed because my state sucks?

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 3:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• my So drives for dominos part time from his other job (installing security systems) and he has to claim a ertain percentage of his tips and dominos gives him a certain amount of money for gas per every run he takes... thats all i know of.. i dont think driving has really any difference on how much you make...

but i also thought that companies have to give you a notice or something if they are going to give you a pay cut. id check that out as well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• They gave us a notice 48 hours before the min wage went up. I get a split wage now $5.50 while on the road and $7.25 while in the store in between deliveries and I get a reimbursement on my mileage. But I have to claim 100% on my tips because my boss says it's the federal law to claim 100% of my tips. I've always thought it was a percentage of tips as well. I'm just worried the IRS is going to wonder where all of the sudden these tips are coming from.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009