baby shower question

this is my 1st pregnancy and my baby shower is coming up in 3 days.i looked at my registries and on 1 nothing was purchased and on the other onnnly 5 or 6 items were purchased.i dont mean to sound greedy or nothing but i do feel a little dissapointed.how would you feel?what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well for one, people don't always go off a registry some people don't like them and would rather pick what they want. second, some people wait til the last min to gift shop, and last, yes it is kinda selfish (i'd probably be a bit disappointed as well) but it is still selfish, the point is to celebrate the baby, not necessarily gifts. :) just be happy w/what you get and remember to keep tags on it and return if you can't use it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• its the PARENTS job to get items for baby- people can bring gifts if they choose to, so to be disappointed, yes, its selfish.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i noe the point of it is celebrating the baby.gifts arent the 1st thing on my mind.the only reason y i even peaked is because of my mother in law.im 1 of the most unselfish ppl ever .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• One of my babyshowers with my first baby was like this (I was given 4), but I ended up with more than enough stuff, even tho people didn't really shop from the registry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• its not selfish to feel a little dissapointed.i could understand.dont let the 1st two comments bother you .it would be selfish if thats all you were concerned about but you clearly stated not 2 sound greedy.and baby showers are to celebrate the baby and to help start you off with some things for the baby.thats why they created baby registries duh!so its not jus the PARENTS job smart 1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Go ahead and TELL ME that its OTHER PEOPLES jobs to buy things for YOUR baby? People can do it or not, but YES its the parents job to provide for there own offspring. Gifts are Gestures, not a responsibility!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Your right, I didnt have a "baby shower" because I felt it was MY job to provide for MY child, I did however have a party AFTER my baby was born to show him off to friends and family, I put NO GIFTS on the invite, some people brought them anyways, and I was greatful for what I got, but would I ever register and EXPECT people to buy things for MY child, HELL NO!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• omg smh.she only said she felt a little dissappointed she didnt say she was fuming with anger.i dont think your selfish i agree with thats what they made registries for was basically to take some stress of buying everything and getting a little start off as the other women said.you dont seem greedy at all.but i say enjoy what you get and im sure youll be having so much fun at your shower and so excited your baby is coming it wont bother you.dont let the meanies get to you.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 4:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• its people like that with a horrible attitude that should let other people teach there kids how to act.she just wants to make some1 miserable.shes probably miserable because no one threw her one, thats why shes going all exorcist lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I can see your frustration. You put those things down specifically because it was what you wanted for the baby, and now it's hard telling what you're going to get. barely any one followed our wedding registery and I honestly got a bunch of random stuff that I did not want or need. Its ok to feel a little disappointed, but also try to keep your hopes up. And remember whatever you get that was something that that person picked out for you. and it never hurts to see if you can return something :)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009