hes so grouchy and mean 2 me

My husband works shiftwork he works 7 grave yards and 7 days off the rest of the month! today ended his 4 day shifts and now hes on his 7 off! im beggining to really dread his days off! hes so sweet while hes at work via text message then he comes home! the other day he straight up told me thst he loves me but cant do this anymore and when i asked what he ment he had no answer! and i knowrite now ur all thinkin hes cheating!!! impossible he works as a truck driver and with mine and his dad allll day! and on his days off hes with me! its not that i dont let him leave he never wants to! i jus dont know what to do hes so mean to me when hes home and i honestly dont know y!! any suggestions on how to fix or stop this befor i file for divorce after 6 yrs? cause honestly thats were i am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry to hear you are going through this! I really hope it gets better. It sounds to me like he is stressed/worried. He does love you but has no idea where to direct this "energy" so it comes out on you instead. Men are said to be easy to understand.... when really they never speak what is truly bothering them! Treat him with love and care and understanding and see if that helps! When he gets grouchy, tell him you love him and try not to react his behavior. I know this is hard... my DH is in Iraq and the last 3wks he's been a grouch on the phone... turns out I was missing what was really happening in his world! Every time I try to understand and just let him know he is still my #1, he calms down and cheers up!
    Other than that, I have no advice! I really hope things look up for you and him! And I hope this doesn't come off in a mean way,
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sounds to me like he needs his wife to tell him how much she appreciates him for all his hard work. Also, men have a sensitive nature like most women would never believe. Don't think for one minute that he doesn't sense your hostility towards him and react to that. We ladies have the power to control the atmosphere of our homes like you wouldn't believe. So try showering him with praise and appreciation, and see if his moods don't change almost immediately.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009