Does anyone use the baby wise method? What are the pros and cons?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 3:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• link1 link2 I have more link if you would like. I strongly discourage using the "babywise" or baby demise methods as I like to call them.

ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 10:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• What is a baby wise method
    mami_rocks

Answer by mami_rocks at 5:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No I have never used it, I think it is cruel and it is also not recommended by most pediatricians
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Babywise is HORRIBLE!!! Just google the author's name and that should give you quite an insight. This guy has no formal training and his own children refuse to speak to him. It is also considered a red flag to CPS workers in CA for abuse. My advice is to either chuck or burn the book.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Babywise has been directly linked to 'Failure to thrive' - it leaves babies emotionally drained, and sometimes hungry.
    It is basically child abuse.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I didn't even know this existed!!! OMG!! Here's another link... http://www.thecrashpad.com/blogs/index.php/2005/04/27/on_becoming_babywise_our_ezzo_story?blog=8

The guy who wrote that book should be locked away!! That is nuts!!! One thing he says is don't hold your baby?? OMG!!! I feel a HUGE rant coming on so I'll stop here. Please don't do "babywise", PLEASE, for your babies sake!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I used the babywise method and it was fine for my little guy. We would make slight adjustments here and there, but it was great to have him on a schedule. Anytime he would get off his schedule a little bit, he would get mad. A lot of people are going to tell you that it's horrible and abusive and blah blah blah, but maybe you should read the book and decide for yourself. My LO is now 26 months old and is a well rounded, happy, loving child. He loves his mom and dad and everyone else around him and has NO issues. He slept through the night at 6 months and has no problems with how we have raised him so far. To each their own, I say. Decide what's best for you.
    Anonymous

• Oh and we held our baby a lot. It didnt effect the way we used the babywise method.
    Anonymous