what does WOMP stand for?

i am seeing alot of accrymons arouns cafemom but cant figure this one out.. what does WOMP stand for?

liltinymommy

Asked by liltinymommy at 4:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You have to tell us how they were using it - were they talking about themselves, maybe work something, or were they talking about citizenship, papers - could be anything but no one can tell without a little context.
    CubasFamily

Answer by CubasFamily at 5:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Hi liltinymommy,

There is a list of commonly used acronyms in the CafeMom Newcomers Club:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/boards/read.php?post_id=381417

Enjoy!

-> The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 7:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I couldn't find any acronym for it that really fits here. I found Word of Mouth Project. So maybe something like that. For the word, Womp, there are a number of meanings- mainly having to do with an impact of some sort.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• it was used as: " HAHAHA must have been the WOMPS!" talking about ttc....and how she was only spotting instaed of having AF... the first replier said "I can't answer your question but you made both me and hubby just roll with that subject line" that is when she came back and quoted her saying " HAHAHA must have been the WOMPS!"
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 12:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• From the urban dictionary

WOMP

1. to suck to be unpleasurable to bring unhappiness
    2. clever way to say 'how unpleasant'

I also found references to a indy rock band The Womps ( womp describes their sound)

and these toys ( I am thinking these are what was meant)

Well, Womps are lovable characters that resemble a jellyfish quite closely...only they're waaaaaay cooler. They speak with an accent and can be rather ruthless with their angry rants and insults.

They like to be irritating with their lack of ability to spell and their love of using chat speak as their means of conversing.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009