My son has not signed on the dotted line and I have medical concerns.

My son has insomina or an anxiety sleep disorder and I dont know which. He is 19 and says that is mind races at times. He still has to take a test and his recrutor says he will be in traing in 4 to 6 weeks. Docotors dont seem to want to treat this at his age. Should he tell his recrutor of wait untill he's in. Will he recieve medical attention or would this be a condition not to accept him. He is a very smart young man and is currently in college. I think he wants thing to move faster for him. I tell
him to slow down and it will all come together. Also I'm afraid of a deployment in harms way. He is my only child with no hope for another. Does anyone have the answer to my question? Thanks, Lovie112

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Health

• i would talk to the recruter and see what he says my recruter always told me that the best answer to give when in doubt it best to my knowledge this did or didnt happen... i had the same problem befor i went in the service they make u so physically and mentally tired that u fall asleep from exsaution pluse another hting is if he waits intill hes in there and the problem doesnt resolve it self they will fix him for free rather then u paying for it
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• depends on what branch he's going into
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yeah it does depend not only on what branch but on what hes trained to do. this illness (or whatever it is) would make it hard to be a grunt but it might not affect his ability to handle things like logisitcs or lingiuistics or something like that.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I sure wouldn't want to serve next to him. NO offense, but if he's not sleeping well, he's going to be tired, (moreso than from just the rigors of service) and he's going to get someone hurt or killed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2009