can breastfeeding make you get two periods a month?

i was late the begging of this month an got it on the 6th an lasted 7 day it was very light an brown discharge . an on the 28th i started it again its heavier now red blood an some clotting is this probably normal ive been breastfeeding for the last 8 months ?? i also have mild dysplasia on my cervix would that be what causing this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Childbirth would actually most likely be the cause. It is very normal to have abnormal periods for quite some time after having a child. AF has yet to return for me (and my DD is 8 months as well), but I fully expect it to be out of whack when it does. AF returned 8 weeks PP with DS and I would skip months, have two a month, etc. It was a pain, but leveled out after a few months, til I got prego again when he was 10 months! LOL!
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 10:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2009