daily work

Just courious , Is your husband , boyfriend, partner, father of your kids involved in the daily job of taking care , looking after, doing things with the kids ? or is he leaving it all (mostly) to you
I have a very care taking loving partner which is looking afterour kids very much , as much as he can , and the kids are crazy for him ... mums are boring ...lol .
We have 5 kids in the house (mine and other) and all are very much looked after by him .

Cathybee

Asked by Cathybee at 6:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• He is laid off and I am working, so yes he is the one doing a lot of the care of our children. We have two teen girls as well and they are a huge help, but Dad for the most part is very hands on. Which is really great considering when I met him he was kind of a shmuck when it came to "skirt work". He has seen the error of his ways and really does a lot. I am thankful.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It helps if I need it or ask... Other then that he doesn't do much with the kids. They love him to death though. He can be great with them when he wants to be.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Since I am a SAHM, I do have more hands on with the kids. My DH works 60 plus hours a week in the summer. I feel like his time with the kids is "limited" so I try to let him stick to the "fun" stuff during our busy season.
    It may not be the "PC" thing to do, but it is what works best for our family. And we both are happy with the "share of the workload"
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• DH works full time, and I work part time. I would have to say that I mostly take care of the house. We split the care of our son pretty evenly, when he's home from work that is. He helps with the dishes when I cook, and he is great with our son to keep him occupied when I am doing stuff around the house. The only thing that can be annoying is that he really really loves his daddy and will like push me aside when he comes home, LOL :) I guess it's better than the alternative, but I would LOVE to get a greeting like that sometimes! :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I work partime outside the home. He works full time from home. He has her most of the time while I work. I try to do half and he does the other half as far as splitting meals. I end up with the clean up and laundry end of the deal. But if I don't do it then no one will. We have an arrangement that works for us and it took about 6 months to find.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• He'll "watch" them which is literally just that. He won't cook for them or do anything but make sure they don't kill each other. When I was in the hospital having our youngest he had the older 3 kids for 3 days. In that time they ate nothing but cereal and PB&J (which they could get for themselves), went to bed late, slept in and my oldest missed 3 days of school because he said it was too hard to get her to school. Um, she was in kindergarten in the afternoon class. The bus picked her up at 11:30am on the corner and dropped her off at 3:15pm across the street. How freaking hard is that.
    He also let the kids destroy the house and I came home to a sink full of dirty dishes, a bathroom that needed to be cleaned and vacuuming to do. That's what I did 3 days after having a c-section. About the only thing he did was change diapers and feed bottles but he usually propped them in his lap so he could keep playing his xbox.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My husband didn't spend enough time with his oldest so now he spends alot of time with William. He just spent a week with him down at the shore. He doesn't do laundry I do that but he cooks and makes sure William does what he needs to do.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yea i wish my husband was like that he want even lookafter them for five min. i cant even trust my husband with his own kids
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 5:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009