My 8 month old won't eat his baby food its a struggle to get him to eat at all.

He eats regular food. Like I cut up what we are eating for dinner but he still doesn't eat enough. And doesn't really take a bottle to.

kdemasi1108

Asked by kdemasi1108 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son wouldnt eat for about a year. It was AWFUL! We had to give him pediasure. He ate like a bird. Little bites here and there but never a full meal. We asked the doctors about it, and they said his weight was normal and to keep giving him pediasure.
    armywive

Answer by armywive at 8:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If his weight is normal, and if the pediatricians say not to worry, then try to relax about it. My SIL was told to not give her child baby food, but just to finely chop whatever they were eating, by the way. I don't know if this would work, but I wonder if you would be more casual, more relaxed, about eating if he'd relax about it and eat whatever he needed. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Who says he's not eating enough? You?

He knows better than you if he's hungry or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have found that my DD eats less when she feeds herself than when we feed her. Let him get a few bites in and then maybe you get a few bites into him and see if that works. My SO insists on giving our 13 mo old stage 3 foods still so that she can eat enough. He finds it easier to feed her those than picking up small pieces of cut up food. I prefer to let her be a big girl. I wish you luck try a FEW different techniques and see what works.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Is he teething at all? I've noticed that the times when my daughter teethes the worst is when she'll eat the least. She pretty much refuses solids when she's teething really bad. But she still took a bottle instead, though.....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my son is same age and does the same thing! only time he eats fruit is if i mix it in yogurt. other than that he eats what we eat. i let him feed himself till i'm done then i'll finish feeding him. he's a chunker. same prob with bottle. he usually onlly finishes one in morn and one at night but snacks the rest of the day. i've been giving him a sippy cup to try. he's just decided to be a big boy lol. but like said b4 as long as he's healthy then dont stress he's just learning a new technique
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2009