WHY DOES RELIGIOUS BELEIVES CHANGE RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILY MEMBERS WHO IDENTIFY AS GAY?

WHY DOES A SEXUAL PREFERENCE MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE? IF THE WORD OF GOD SAYS IT IS WRONG, HOW CAN IT PROVE TO BE SO, WHEN ULTIMATELY THEIR HAPPINESS IS ALL WE STRIVE FOR? AND IF THIS HAPPINESS COMES FROM THIS LIFESTYLE, WHY DO SOME DESTROY A LONG LIFE RELATIONSHIP FOR THE SAKE OF HOLINESS? IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?

Asked by older at 8:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Good morning Older. How are you my friend? Looks like you got up full of vim and vigor this morning! LOL. That's always a good sign. When I saw this post was your's, I just wanted to stop in and say hey! Have a great day, sweetie, talk to you soon.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I will not argue Bible with you but...The Bible also says that we must procreate... And if you are Gay then there is no way that you can procreate...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ANON, OF COURSE YOU CAN PROCREATE! MAYBE NOT IN THE TRADITIONAL WAY, BUT THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF DOING IT. BUT EVEN IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS CORRECT DOES THIS CHANGE A LONG LIFE RELATIONSHIP?

Answer by older at 8:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ANON, OF COURSE YOU CAN PROCREATE! MAYBE NOT IN THE TRADITIONAL WAY, BUT THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF DOING IT.

Your question is why do people's religious beliefs tell them being gay is wrong, so your response above should answer your question! God created Adam and Eve. Males and females are designed for procreation--it is natural and it was God's intent. Therefore, those who believe this, believe in procreation in teh natural and traditional sense--this also includes IVF. If you were meant to have a child teh "old fashioned way" you will. Not being able to get pregnant or carry a baby to term is God's way of saying you should not be a parent....period.

If you choose not to follow religious doctrine, that is your choice, but why second guess or say that someone who choose to follow religious doctrine is wrong. You see, the "wrong" goes both ways!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ok, see here is the difference between you and I .....I am not a believer in "do anything to make you happy" I am not saying I desire for people to walk through life miserable...but then again, I believe in this life there ARE right and wrong. Most people dont believe that their are true right and wrong.

If something is wrong (according to my Bible) and you feel that this "wrong" will make you "happy" then you need to figure out a way to move past it and find some other way to make yourself happy.

This world has decided that life is all about what YOU want and forget any idea of what is right or wrong...its all about what makes you feel good. I dont buy that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT HOMOSEXUALS, BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS WOULD GOD WANT US TO END A LONG LIFE REATIONSHIP WITH FAMILY BECAUSE HIS WORD SAYS THIS IS WRONG? WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE A LIFE OF HOLINESS OVER A LIFE OF HAPPINESS AND UNITY WITH A FAMILY MEMBER? YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FAITH, YOUR BELEIVE IN THE WORD OF GOD, BUT WHY HAVE IT INTERFERE WITH A RELATIONSHIP THAT TOOK A WHOLE LIFETIME TO CREATE?

Answer by older at 8:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ''why do some destroy a long life relationship for the sake of holiness? is it worth it?"
    because life is temporary, and afterlife is eternal...according to biblical scripture. i know, some don't give credence to eternity, et al...but xtians do. its one of those things that give joy to a person when they realize that this life isn't all there is! lol any part of your life that keeps you separated from God, is something that should be shunned, buried, done away with after recieving your 'new creature' card..the old man is buried, and the new man has risen up to life in christ...that sort of thing. notice i said, anything that separates...not just your chosen subject. if you (or anyone) truly feels a choice/lifestyle/act/etc DOES NOT keep you from the favor of God (whom you said you believe in), without any doubt or tick or wondering 'what if..', then by all means, live your life, and wait for God's say on the matter.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My beliefs haven't changed my love and relationships with my love ones who are gay. Just as I love my family members who engage in premarital sex, get drunk, continuously overeat, and are atheists...I tell them what the Bible says because my relationship with God is more important. I pray, first, for the ability to do so without condemning them as a person.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:09 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LEXYLEX, I MUST SAY YOUR KIND ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE THE AMOUNT OF FAMILIES SPLIT AND DESTROYED FOR THIS.....

Answer by older at 9:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Because not all listen to the word of God. They pick and choose. Yes we are to still love and help them, but not encourge. That's goes for anyone who is doing wrong in your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2009