• In the Spotlight:

Birthday party games for 2 year olds?

I think I want to do a Dinosaur birthday party for my son who will be turning 2 this December but I have no idea what kind of games the kids could play. Of course it's going to have to be inside. Last year we did a huge pirate party and I just blew up red, white and black balloons and threw them on the floor for the kids to play with but now they're all walking and able to play games. Any ideas for some dinosaur games?

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 8:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know it's an inside party but what if you had some toy dinosaurs buried in sand and let the kids dig for them and when they found one they would get to keep it. We did a game similar to this with our little tikes sand and water table at my daughters 2nd bday party and the kids loved it and it was very age appropriate just make sure you do it in a room without carpet. Good Luck !!
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2 in April. At her party (and other 2 year old parties we've attended before and after) we did a pin the tail on sort of thing. We had a Dora party so it was pin the tail on Boots. It would be pretty easy to do a do one using a dinosaur. The toddlers all loved it! There was only 1 that didn't want the blindfold on and he enjoyed playing the game without it!!
    Have fun!
    stephandteah

Answer by stephandteah at 1:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009