5 months old

Hello, I have a 5 month old! He is not fat by any means but he has the little baby chubby legs and arms- which I think it super cute because it isn't out of control! Anyways in his creases it is all red and also around his neck he has little red pimplish type bumps and then it is also red . I talked to his pediatrician about it and she said that it will go away on its own.. I am afraid it is going to get raw and hurt him or something! Have you had this problem? Did you get a solution? Around his neck I think is more from drool. I try to keep him all cleaned off but sometimes I don't get it all I guess!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is a heat rash of sorts. What you can do is apply a thick layer of Eucerin or Aveeno a few times a day. My DD gets it on her back. I wish you luck but it really doesn't hurt them unless it becomes raw.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my daughter had this too especially in summer months
    in her folds, she had that beautiful baby chub also
    it will go away as he thins out and months get cooler
    you are doing the right thing with the baths
    we used some baby powder to try to keep dry
    it never got bad and hurt her, it was mostly under her chin, or should i say chinS
    watch to make sure it does not get worse
    nothing to do with you not getting him clean, you are not misses anything
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter has the same thing and my mom said she used diaper rash cream to help her with her kids. My daughter's neck can get really red as well as her underarms. I use a little desitin and it normally clears it right up.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree with all the mommies before me and My DD has the same problem I just used a burpy and wiped them out often and also when you give him a tubby just make sure you get all the soap  off him  good (which I'm sure you do)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009