Does Vitex work?

Have any of you tried vitex and actually had it regulate your period? I have pcos and I'm desperate to try something besides provera that will regulate my periods!!!

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Health

• workes for me....when i was trying to get pregnant with my first (about 9 years ago) my periods we totally irregular....I started taking Vitex in June, got a period in June, and then again in July and then got pregnant in August. It had been over a year since I had 2 periods , two months in a row.
    amommy01

Answer by amommy01 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Do you know how it works? How long should I take it before I start getting periods?
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i took it for about 2 weeks before i got a period, i don't know exactly how it works though. good luck!
    amommy01

Answer by amommy01 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have PCOS too and had very irregular periods, but not anymore. Vitex worked wonders for me, but just a few months ago I was in your same shoes wondering if there was anything to "fix" me. After not having a natural period for 7 months (only Provera induced) I tried Natures Way Vitex for four months and it did nothing for me. Then I heard about a special blend of Vitex by the brand name of Femaprin and decided to switch over. Just 4 days after starting Femaprin Vitex by natures way I began to spot. 46 days later I began to spot again, but this time it resulted in a real period, which lasted 8 days. 25 days later I got another period which lasted 5 days. Never in my life have I had two periods in two months so I have to say its the Femaprin Vitex. This month I'm anxiously awaitng my next period which I know will be on time. Please don't just try regular vitex, try Femaprin, it is clinically proven pharacopeal grade herb.
    sjlorraine

Answer by sjlorraine at 1:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to mention I am not Trying to conceive right not, so I don't know whether this is making me ovulate or not, but I sure feel alot better that when I am ready to conceive I might have a better chance now that my periods are starting to regulate. I've never been pregnant so I know I'm probaby infertile, but hopefully with the Femaprin vitex it will make me more fertile. Good luck, just remember it is an herb and takes time to heal your body. Give it atleast 3 months of taking everyday. Oh and its so cheap, I bought mine from Vitamin Shoppe for $14 and the bottle is a 2 month supply. I believe vitex is a miracle herb because my hormones were so out of whack that my body never in life was able to give me two periods in a row. I would go months without a menstrual and when it did come it was light and scant only lasting for a day or two. NOw Femaprin has given me two complete natural flow cycles. I can't believe it
    sjlorraine

Answer by sjlorraine at 1:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Has anyone had any luck with getting pregnant while taking Femaprin? I am on day 4 of taking femaprin and was just wondering. This is my goal to have a baby!!! :o) Thanks for any help!!!!
    Carrie.Love

Answer by Carrie.Love at 8:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2011