my 8 month old..

any one else have a tall and skinny baby.. and really really sick of people always saying oo she needs to eat more shes to skinny blah blah its frustrating make it sound like i dont feed her! shes 30 inches tall and 15 lbs..my lil vent for the morning lol

hottietottie455

Asked by hottietottie455 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest is 1 yr and he's is really tall for his age, which I figuered was going to happen since his father is 6'2. He's also really skinny but he is constantly eating. My family just laughs and says its genetics but wherever I go, someone is willing to give suggestions and says that I need to stop starving him. He can eat a whole packet of instant oatmeal, 10 grapes, about 15 cheerios, and a whole cup of milk, just for breakfast alone and I'm starving him?
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't have tall and skinny. I have short and skinny. I get "oh, how petite she is." My 1 yo is 28 inches and 16 lbs. She has finally hit the growth chart for height but not weight.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Oh and my LO eats ALL DAY LONG!!!!
    coala

• my DD eats alot 2! she can eat 7 oz and a whole jar of stage 2 food for breakfast and dinner and 8oz at lunch and snacks in the day
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My daughter was 28 in and 16 lbs at a year old too.
    My son was tall and skinny and what drove me crazy was people CONSTANTLY telling me how huge he was. I guess his skinniness wasn't so evident. I didn't mind people telling me he would be a basketball player, although it made me laugh because I know the chances of it are 0. (he pretty much has no genetic chance of being tall, and by the time he turned 2 his height dropped below the 50%, I have no idea why he was so tall to begin with). But people always having to comment on how enormous he was really bothered me. For a while he was at the 10th percentile in weight and 75th in height and people made me feel like I had this freakishly giant kid. 75th percentile isn't even that tall for goodness sake, and I thought being tall was supposed to be a good thing, people always made me feel like something was wrong with him.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Oh, my son was a terrible eater at that age. My daughter ate a ton though, I couldn't believe how much she would eat sometimes!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My dd is an eater. She nurses every 3 hours or so, sometimes more. She gets jar food at dinner time and picks off of our plates too. She's 6 months old, 28 inches, and 13 pounds. I think your little one is just fine.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my son was that way and he is 20 months old and only 25 lbs - never had baby rolls ever! he will eat, he's not picky, he's just not that interested in food.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i have a tall chunky baby. i don't really think hes chunky, hes gotten taller faster than bigger. but hes 8 months and 24 lbs 33 inches. he is not even on the charts! my problem is everyone asking why he isnt walking yet, he looks like hes over a year old. and he still has a bottle of course, and just recently started holding it himself, that was another weird look i always got, like why is she holding that bottle for that toddler. ugh! hes doing great developmentally, hes just a big tall baby. people need to mind there business i think.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 1:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009