FACEBOOK and the EX

This is for all the people who have a facebook account. Yesterday I find out on facebook that my fiance's ex fiance gets on facebook and is now friends with my fiance's mom and brothers. WTH?? I don't know if I am over reacting. But it really hurts me that they even accepting her as a friend on there. Is this a flag that she is trying to get back with him? Like really why would you feel the need to contact your ex's mother and brother's on facebook. That is just weird to me because I would never do that. Unless she still has feelings for him...i apologize if this is all over the place. Help! Your thoughts please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm friends with my ex's sister, mom, aunt and grandmother on there. I knew them and was friends with his aunt before I even met him. Not only that but we have a son together so I speak with his family on a regular basis. We've been broken up for over 5 years now and I have absolutely NO desire to ever rekindle our relationship. Maybe it's a similar situation with her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Personally, I also am friends with some of my ex-inlaws along with my nieces and nephews from my 1st. I have absolutely no interest in him, but I loved his family and they loved me, none of us saw any reason for that to change when I divorced him, not them. We have been divorced for 16 years, I have been married for 14 years and my hubby is not threatened. I had a lot of good times with my ex-sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law and my nieces and nephews.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Just cause there relationship didn't work out does not mean that his mother and his brothers can't talk and what happen between them two has nothing to do with his mother and brother i think your over reacting and worrying about nothing he comes home to you and is with you so why are you worrying about something so small. It's facebook. Grow up. Your being childish.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No wonder you had to answer that question anonymous, how rude! Maybe she is trying to get back with him, maybe it is a tactic to try and scare you off, maybe it is nothing. Whatever it is though, hold your head up high and have confidence, you will get through it. You are not being childish either, don't listen to most of the mom's on here, I also get a lot of the bashing.
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thank you THEONE3608. Your right I need to stand my ground and be confident. Whatever the reason maybe I will never know. We have been together 2 years and she has been out of his life for 2 years...if she was so close to them wouldn't she had kept in contact with them within those 2 years. I am just saying because it's not like she was close to them...they live in FL. We live in PA...I don't think she ever meant his mom to tell you the truth. Or his brother. I seriously think she is just trying to get under my skin and she has!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think people just add people that they know to have more friends on their list. I don't see it as a big deal at all. He is with you and it's not like they are writing sexy comments on each other's walls everyday. I don't know cuz I'm not really the jealous type. I think if my husband thinks he can do better than me, then he can just go for it and I will be forced to move on. There is no reason to cook up things in your head and make them bigger than they really are.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You must get over the insecurities that you have. Your fiance had a life before he met you and because of that you have to pull it together and be excepting to his past. His mother has the right to add anyone to her list of friends....just because the two fo them didn't work out, doesn't mean that the rest of the family has to ignore her...do you think by her friending his family, will get the two of them back together?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That's right girl!
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009