Why do I feel like this?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and last night I felt like I was going to pass out so I just took it easy on the couch. Today I don't feel quite as bad but I still feel really weak and have shortness of breath.
I just had breakfast and am drinking water. When I take my 15 minute break, which is around 10:30 I'm going to call my doctor and see what she says. In the meantime does anyone know what this could be from?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, definitely call your doctor. My friend is actually going through this right now, and she went to her OB on Tuesday and found out she has hypertension. The doc told her to sit down if she is standing, and to lay on her left side if she is sitting.

You could also have a virus or something. Your OB will be able to help more. Good luck!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 9:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I know i have fainting spells and feel very weak and dizzy because of a drop in my blood pressure. but for sure call the doc!
    vickyhouk

Answer by vickyhouk at 10:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Have you had the gestational diabetes test yet? It could also be blood pressure problems. No matter what it is, you should probably get to the doctor today.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009