I'm sick and tired are you?

You need to spend money to fix things and no one wants to pay their share. Bitch about the economy and things going downhill, but turn around and bitch about having to pay more to make it better. There is no middle ground in this country, no baning together to get the job done, no looking out for our fellow man- all there is is bitterness, arrogance and gimme gimme everything for free because I think I deserve it. Our country is headed for disaster and we have no one to blame but ourselves...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with the flat tax idea. But I think that right now, the gap between those that have it and those that don't has widened to epidemic proportions. I know I will hear "Well, work harder and then you have more!" but that is not always the case. The more money you have, the more methods you have to legitimately get out of paying taxes. I don't think that is true for SBOs or medium sized businesses, but once you hit the large bus/corp status, you ability to get out of your fair share increases.

As well, tax law is regulated in part by those with the most. Conflict of interest. I can see why Obama is touting his lean on the wealthier - because the wealthy have, proportionately, been able to negate part of their tax burden under the current laws.

When I went from SP to an LLC, my tax liability dropped signifigantly. Almost unbelievably so.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree with you.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 9:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yep thanks to so many who have been taught that they are entitled instead of being taught individualism.This push towards socialism is going to cause an upraor there will be back lash "wait and see."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You cannot take a people such as us Americans who have lived free (for the most part) and try to strap them down with big government bs stripping freedoms away.There is going to be trouble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You are very right ihartu. For far too long, the American people have lived with this sense of self-entitlement, never imagining things to take the turn for the worse they have. Now,when the chips are down, no one wants to step up to the plate,and try to help pull us out. Everyone is still only looking out for #1! And, there's nothing wrong with protecting you,your family,and what is your's but at this point, we need to try to come together,at least till the worst has passed,and make America as united as possible. I don't care for President Obama,and I make no secret of that. It's not the man,so much as his policies. However, I do respect the office of President,and I do pray for him,and our Government daily. What will happen next? We don't know, but I for one am glad to know that,ultimately God is in control,and will do what is best for us all.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Let's all pay the same percentage of our incomes, shall we?

Let's all make sure we aren't looking at those with more income than us in a greedy way.

Okay?

It ain't my responsibility to take care of every other person's every want and/or need.

Okay?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• What is happening is a push towards socialism and possibly banana republic.If we cannot get the majority of the supporters to wake up we are all doomed.Some won't because they are damn determined life will be all peaches and cream and they will be provided by the government all of their desires.This is very sad indeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Exactly mustbegrace but these progressives have been indoctrinated and I don't know if it is even possible to snap them out of it without having to go right into the pits of hell.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I agree with Grace...If EVERYONE in this country paid a flat tax on income or their government benefits then, it would be FAIR. The current Income Tax Codes are NOT fair for EVERYONE!

Let's say, for arguments sake (and to keep the math simple), a flat tax of 10% was implemented on everyone. If you make $18,000 per year, you only have to pay $1800....if you make $200,000 a year you pay $20,000! It's proportionate to your income, and FAIR!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Didn't you know we changed our countries slogan from 'Land of the Free' to "It's all about ME baby!"

I guess someone forgot to tell you...

[warning this message contains sarcasam]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009