Losing weight help!! =( ... have no clue what to do!

I have a few things holding me back,as to why i cant work out like others do. I have a knee problem,i cant even lift my daughter w/o it going out. Slight back problem as well,same issue:cant lift. I mainly packed on pounds while i was pregnant bc i couldnt get up and do much (bedrest!) and after i had my children,is when i was in the hospital for my knee trying to get it better so i can walk (being layed up for a long time , i cant walk afterwards) ...

i dont eat fattening foods , once in a while ill go out for wings or burgers w/ friends. i drink soda 24/7 ( i try so hard to stop , but when i do i pick another drink thats horrible for me!) ...

how on earth can i lose this weight?! nothings working! PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I started using a calorie counter on SparkPeople.com. It really helps, you enter in your info and goal and it will tell you the recommended calories fat and carbs you should have per day to achieve your goal. I have no motivation for exercise and LOVE food. But since I started tracking my calories I have lost 5lbs without exercising. It may help you since you are limited in your physical activity. As for soda, switch to diet. Diet Dr Pepper is good and so is diet Sprite. I also only drink sugar free stuff, I buy Wylers Light(like kool-aid) 5 cals, per serving and Crystal Light when it is on sale. Try using Spark People, it has really helped me,. When I started tracking I became more aware of what I was eating, I now eat between 1200-1500 calories a day(recommended for my goal) before I must have been eating 2000-3000 a day!!! Good Luck
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 10:12 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Make small changes. We had a soda issue in our house too. So we made a "household rule" We bought 1 liter water bottles, and no one can have a soda unless they drink all of the water. It has really helped. Eventually you will phase out soad all togehter, but for now just work on cutting it back.
    Also, I know it is hard with a knee inury, but again start small. Try to sneak in extra movements where ever you can. Try to do 15 minute of active, make you sweat playtime with your child. Then move it to 30 minutes.
    It can be so frustrating.. but quick fix diets never work.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 10:12 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Weight watchers helped me lose 62 lbs. They also taught me how to eat right. If you are desperate you may want to look into them.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• you could do a 1200 calorie a day diet. you don't really need to work out with that. but just for starters add up all the calories you are drinking everyday with soda (and be sure to pay attention to how many servings are in a bottle or can too.... sometimes it is 2 1/2 servings in a bottle). you will be shocked at how many extra calories you are drinking just from soda alone. i used to be a soda junkie too, but i switched to diet soda and now i drink sparkling water. that's a really good way to start losing weight. and if you lose weight it will make your knee feel better too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nutrilite!!! I have 3 kids and this saved my figure by eating right..They have a meal plan and fitness planner..Its awesome..
    Go to: www.dsuriano.qhealthzone.com

copy and paste website to your browser..Good luck!
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking (can you walk), for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009