Shaving the pubic area......HELP

I shave this area but for some reason I still have stubs. What am I doing wrong? I keep it shaved because I have a sweating disorder and it causes me to keep UTI's. The doc suggested for me to shave or wax. I live in a small town, so no waxing services. My hubby can't stand the stubs and I have tried shaving every other day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• what kind of razor do you use? men's razors work so much better, and i use body wash or the silky kind of shaving cream
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• which mens razor? I have used all kinds but the best for me was the venus embrace 5 blade.still stubby though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• mach 3
    Anonymous

• The only way to get everything totally smooth is to go against the grain. But to do it without getting razor burn is something i've had to perfect over time. Don't just start out against the grain! Start with the grain, then from left to right, then right to left, then diagnol, then all that should be left is a small strip of stubble in the middle. Take short strokes against the grain there... This works for me and I have very few problems with razor burn and stubble doesn't come back for at least a few days. Hope this helps...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• marc 3 is what i use 2 but even after 2 days i need to do it again. i dont know (ive never tried) but maybe you could try somthing like nair like shave it then maybe use it idk. i know nair dont work anywhere on me and with an opening down there (lol) idk if u could use it but read the bottle and it may tell u. gl
    dadzgrl82

Answer by dadzgrl82 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Try shaving every day. Be sure to use conditioner or something to soften up the hair before you shave...that should help with the 'bumps'. Either way, hair continues to grow all the time, so you need to shave every day. Tell dh to get over the stubs, there's only so much you can do!
    Anonymous

• to help with razor burn use lotion right after you get out of the bath or shower
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I use shaving cream for sensitive skin (Aveeno works the best), my SO uses his beard trimmer and that seems to help. He gets it nice and smooth and him shaving me is quite the turn on!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I've never been able to do it without razor burn, so I just take the electric "clippers" we have and trim it down. That way it's short enough to not be sweaty or gross, but it leaves like a centimeter of soft hair so there's never any stubble and the hair never gets coarse or prickly. My DH is happy with that solution. I just haven't made the effort to perfect the clean shave even though it would kind of be nice... good luck! ps have you tried buying the waxing kits and waxing at home? heard it hurts like hell... anyway there's also this thing i've seen on infomercials that is like an alternative solution but i don't know if i can describe it. It takes the hair off with abrasion. i'll try to find it online and post a link.
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 10:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Make sure you let the hair soak in water. Shave either after your shower or bath, or at the end of it. It softens the hair shaft and makes it easier to shave.
    Anonymous