need your opinions please.....

Ok, so my 11 month old daughter sleeps beautifully through the night from 7 to 7, but my dear hubby wakes up at least once nightly with hunger pangs, and everytime he gets out of bed to head for the kitchen, I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I've asked him to be quiet, but I sleep so lightly that any little noise wakes me and of course, I can never get back to sleep. My mind starts racing with my "to do" list for the next day and when I do finally get back to sleep around 6am, it's time to wake up for the day. Hubby is feeling terrible about waking me and has asked if he should sleep in a separate room - if you were me, what would you do? I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I need my rest, it's affecting everything in my life. Please don't bash hubby, I just need some ideas / opinions....thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Why doesn't he just keep some snacks or something where they are easier (and quieter) to get to? Or eat something small before bed so he's not waking up hungry. I went through sort of the same thing with my hubby being so loud in the mornings he would wake the whole house up. He used to stomp around in his work boots. Drove us all nuts. The kids actually got so used to it they would wake up on weekends at 4:30 just like weekdays. My hubby got tired of it on his days off so he started being quieter. He could even keep some snacks that are quiet in your room. Get like a mini fridge or something. Good luck.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ANXIETY IS GETTING THE BEST OF YOU, MAYBE A LITTLE SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU MORE OF A SOUND SLEEPER?

Answer by older at 10:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i really dont know what to say here but i dont think sleeping in diff rooms would work either b/c then u would go to bed and feel bad that u kicked him out the room lol but c if he could eat something right b4 he goes to bed. gl
    dadzgrl82

Answer by dadzgrl82 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• can he keep a quiet snack at the night stand
    nothing crunchy

ear plugs for you, if you do not have to wake for child

and if child woke, would hubby wake up, if you had plugs in

i wore plugs for a snorer and they pretty comfortable
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Im the same way...I have terrible insomnia because I am always running things through my head. I make my DF sleep in a separate room sometimes because he snores, talks in his sleep, and steals covers. He is a CRAZY sleeper. No one will get any sleep if he is around so we just sleep in different rooms most of the time. No biggie.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Tell him Yes! Let him sleep in the other room. That doesn't mean you don't love him, you are just trying to rest. Also you might try to keep a journal of all your thoughts before you go to bed and get all the to-do lists over with beforehand. You may also try praying or meditation before bed to quiet and center your mind. Yoga is a helpful tool in this as well. Once you have practiced quieting your mind, you should invite him back to bed with you and practice sleeping in the same bed until he no longer wakes you up anymore.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• awww you girls are so caring - thanks so much for your thoughts, I especially like the suggestion of yoga - I left my yoga practice behind two years ago, but should really pick it up again. It really helps in every aspect of life! I will probably ask him to sleep in the guest room for tonight just so that I can get a full night's rest. Again, thanks so much to you all for being such warm and caring ladies! I really really appreciate it!

hugs all around!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think if he eats something right before going to bed, he should be able to make it until morning without having to have food. I'm not at all sure that you should be the one who is having to make a decision on this.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I am more concerned as to why he is getting up in the middle of the night to eat. He may be mistaking acid problems with hunger pangs. Tell him to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• There have been many a happy couple who have separate bedrooms!!
    Anonymous