Cooking Disasters With Kids?

OMG, my friend and I, along with the help of her 3-year-old daughter Jenna, were making a cake for another friend's birthday party. We were letting Jenna contribute to the easy things (like stirring and licking the cake batter from the pans when we were done), but those little fingers somehow managed to hit the blender button...and the top wasn't on. Cake batter EVERYWHERE!!!! Needless to say, we ended up spending the rest of the afternoon cleaning ourselves and the kitchen, and had to go buy a store-bought cake! LOL!!!

Do you have any funny (or not so funny) Kitchen Disaster stories to share? I love writing about food and cooking, and may compile these stories with your screen names for posts in Toddler Buzz and Food and Party Buzz.

Would love to hear about your kitchen craziness!! Thanks!

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 10:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lol! my son and i were decorating mini cakes and cookies for a holiday ... and i had one of those tubs of sprinkles ... lol i told him to turn around and grab it since we needed more --- his lil elbow bumped it and they went EVERYWHERE!!! those lil sprinkles just flew i swear! lol ... to make it worse , they were the chocolate ones! so when people came over , if they seen some they missed they thought they were bugs ! LOL my sons g'ma was stepping on one forever , til i told her it was a damn sprinkle!

but eww they really did look like bugs! i got chills bending over and putting them into a dust pan lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LMAO!

tha_hawt_mommie, i just burst out laughing really really loud here at work after reading your answer!!!!!!!!!
    Daily Buzz Team

Answer by Daily Buzz Team at 10:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When my son was about 2, him and I made cookies from scratch. Somehow, cookie batter was in his diaper and he had on jean overalls. Not sure how that happened. Another time, we made chocolate covered strawberries and there was chocolate in places that no one was at. I wish I would have taken pictures. He is now 13 and cooks on his own and makes all kinds of messes. He even set the microwave on fire making Ramen noodles (he forgot the water), he was home with grandpa and grandpa didn't even smell the smoke. The microwave hasn't been the same since.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My 13 yo dd was making speghetti I caught her adding the noodles slowly so that some were overcooked and some were under cooked. Also I was showing my 12yo ds how to tell if the griddle was ready "put some water on your finger and drop it on the pan" he put his finger on the pan. guess I should have been more specific.
    a.d.x3mom

Answer by a.d.x3mom at 2:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009