Which hurt more: C-secion of Vaginal Birth (please comment if you had BOTH)

In speaking with my doctor last night on the subject of possibly going into labor before my scheduled c-section, it got me thinking: would I want to try a vaginal birth if the baby was smaller than my first (DD was 8lbs 3oz) and labor was already starting?

First off, let me tell you that my first DD's labor was on the verge of horrible. I pushed for hours just to have a c-section that hurt like HELL. I thought I could never go through the pain of trying to push like that again though. Then this past weekend, I met up with my cousin and she told me that after she gave birth vaginally, there was this wave of relief from the pain- something that I did NOT have after my c-section. So now I'm pretty much undecided how I should do it if I go into labor before my scheduled date.

How was vaginal birth compared to c-section for you? Which did you prefer?

MaysonsMommy805

Asked by MaysonsMommy805 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• C-section!!!! The recovery sucks. I would take vaginal delivery over c-section any day. I had my first son vaginally and my 2nd was a c-section.....I hope to never have a c-section again
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• VAGINAL!!!! Im with AnJ, the c-section recovery is the worse, I would rather go through all the pain involved with a vaginal and be done after delivery for the most part. C-section recovery takes about a good week to even get up by yourself, my dd was franklin breach and I had to have one! I would have done anything to have another vaginal brith, once I do it again I really want to do vaginal!!!
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• C-section hurt much more and for much longer. After I popped my kids out vaginally I was up and running within a few hours...with the c-section I was out of commission for a couple of weeks.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 11:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Opps - sorry, that should read "C-Section OR Vaginal Birth.."
    MaysonsMommy805

Answer by MaysonsMommy805 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have not had a c section I have however had minor abdominal surgery. Vaginal birth was so much easier than the surgery. I had pain for weeks after the surgery. I felt great after all three births. I was up and pretty much normal within a few days after the births.
    I think it is worth trying for a vaginal birth, what have you got to lose?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I loved my c-sections. My oldest was vaginal - ouch! My second was breech and had to be a c-section. It hurt like hell, but I loved knowing exactly when I would have it. My second C was much better. The recovery was much faster than the first. But my favorite thing was 4 days in the hospital with my baby. I really bonded and got quite good at breast feeding while there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• there is much less risk of infection with a vaginal delivery. a c-section is major abdominal surgery.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009