This may sound crazy..

But I heard that some toddlers for some reason potty train themselves or start learning to potty train if their mother is pregnant again; Is there any merit to that?

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and DD who hasn't show MUCH initiative to PT I think showed a big sign this morning..

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 10:47 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont know about the mom being pregnant one, but my neighbors daughter trained herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't know about the pregnant part, but my daughter just up and started by herslef. We'd been encouragine and all but then one day she went to the potty on her own, pulled her pants down and went. And has been ever since. Just lik there was an on off switch or somehting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think they just start when they are ready.
    Gavsmama06

Answer by Gavsmama06 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my daughter started the potty when she was 15 months old. i just lefted her boo boo air out and that day she begun the potty herself for a min i thought i was seeing things when i saw her on her potty lol
    Anonymous

• Boy, I sure which my son would potty train himself! I've heard of it happening but it tends to be situations where there are older siblings that set an example. The vast majority of kids need to be trained..
    Anonymous

• I think it is more common for the second child to train them selves especially if there sibling is the same sex. I am hoping for that any way.

martat

Answer by martat at 4:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009