Castor Oil To Induce Labor?

I been reading about different ways to induce labor and one way that keeps coming up is drinking castor oil and I was just wondering anyones opinions on this idea. I did try to take some yesterday, but nothing happened. Has it worked for you? Do you recommend it? Is there anything else u would recommend to help this pregnancy go by quicker? I have also tried the sex thing and walking is not an option (way too tired and hot!)

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i ATE SPICY FOOD
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I actually tried the castor oil, my friend said it worked for her, I took it a couple of time and a few days later I went into a sudden labor, it came on so fast I didn't really know it was happening. I don't know if was the castor oil or if he was just ready. Good luck
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't know anyone that it worked for and I personally wouldn't do it. Everyone I have talked to about it said all they got was the runs and the baby came when it was ready. I don't think it is a good idea to induce labor anyway but caster oil wouldn't be on my list of ways to try.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 11:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Castor oil takes LARGE doses to "work" for labor, however the risks out weigh the benefits. It can cause both you AND baby diarrhea, if the baby should pass meconium in the womb, it can be breathed in and cause MAJOR complections, such as breathing problems, or even death. Its not really worth it. Primrose oil, 8 tablets on your cervix I heard from MANY woman it works great, and is safe, that combined with walking, or bouncing on a birthing ball should do wonders! Good luck, and stay away from the Castor oil!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• NO NO NO! Dangerous!

Why not wait til your BABY is ready?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009