• In the Spotlight:

Can anything fix this mess??

OK..so i've been with my significant other for 4 1/2 yrs now..we have a daughter who is about to turn 2 in Sept...
Now on to my issue... it seems that for the past 6 months..i just dont do anything right in his eyes...he says after i had our daughter i fell off..meaning i dont look 100% for him all the time, and my mind is gone...Ladies I work a full time job just like he does, and yes there are days that I dont feel like getting all dolled up...but even on the days that i do..he a pays me no compliments...so needless to say it just seems like everything is always a fight and it gets blamed on me in the end.... I told him it seems that he is unhappy and I believe that is why he treats me the way he does...and i told himi if he is soooooo unhappy then we shouldnt be together cuz it will only get worse..(if thats possible)....HELP ME!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes a man will put blame on their woman
    when they themselves are up to "NO GOOD"
    is he cheating?
    or
    thinking about cheating

if so
    he will make it out to be your fault
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Unfortunately, it does sound like he has lost interest. But dont fret! He still expects u to be that hot young thing he met years before kids and that just isnt possible because, well, ur a mom and obviously ur priorities have changed. Putting on makeup and heels have taken back seat to sweatpants and taking ur kid to the park. He needs to be more understanding. Especially cosidering it does sound like u do try to look good for him and he still doesnt notice. He obviously doesnt realize how hard it is to be a mom, work full time, and still please ur man. He needs to appreciate u! For gods sake u pushed a melon out ur hoo hah for him! Good Luck!
    brandidy56

Answer by brandidy56 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I know..but how do you make a man understand what he has??? That I sure dont have an answer for.. I try very hard to keep things happy and peaceful for the sake of my daughter..because i know what its like grow up with out a father figure in the house...so I'm on the edge....do I sacrifice my happiness and suffer in the end or just cut my loss and move on....its just so sad...i jsut wish he would love me for me...i contribute just like he does and then some...i mean for crying out loud we dont even do anything as a family anything my daugther attends is because I take her.. we dont do family time or couple time..and granted he does work from 3 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon...but he is off on Wed. and Sundays..and dont get me wrong he loves his daughter to all means...and she adores him they spend time together each an every night....i just dont understand y our relationship is not a priority to him???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think you should establish your independence and greet him with the attitud that you don't give a damn what he thinks. You need to feel good about you and if he's not going to boost your confidence, then forget about him! Look in the mirror at yourself and say I am the most beautiful woman in the world. This is HIS problem not yours and you need to stop beating yourself up about it. You DONT need his approval all you need is your own approval. Choose to feel good about yourself. He will notice your change of attitude trust me and it will change his if he feels like you don't need his approval. You're giving him all the power and you need to claim that power back because it is rightfully yours!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• This isn't about you falling off. This is about him no longer being top dog in your life. Many men get like this when they are no longer the one who gets all the attention. Take time to get a sitter and do things with just him again. Maybe that will help

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2009