Have you ever ordered or received a personalized children's book?

I'd like to order some for Christmas. I need recommendations, please.
TIA

mrsderekjeter

Asked by mrsderekjeter at 11:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• I got a Sesame street book from Shutterfly for my son for Christmas when he turned 2. You give them some information about your child and a picture of your child's face and they put your child in the book, it turned out GREAT! It was a little expensive, but I think it was worth it. The only thing I didn't realize when I made it was that the specific book I ordered was about my son's birthday, so it was a little weird getting a birthday book for Christmas (It was called "Elijah's special day" but I didn't know that meant birthday, I think they should have let you preview the story first) but anyway, it doesn't matter, it's still a good book and it didn't matter to him what the topic was.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• we have ordered both books and tapes... I like the tapes better for an older child... the books are so fun to read to the child over and over... they like hearing their name and being the star of the show.... they are also a keeper for the parents... go for it!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I haven't order one, but am thinking about it for my gs, but sometimes when I read to him I put his name in the story and where the story may say mommy I say MawMaw instead.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I ordered one about 2 years ago from LL Beans's holiday catalog. For girls it was about fairies, don't remember what the theme for boys was. I think it was about $30
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I've ordered a few over the years and like them very much.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 1:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010