What is YOUR definition of a Liberal?

Seems like it's a dirty word to some around here... so what exactly do you think being a Liberal is all about? What do you find negative about it and what- if anything- do you find possitive about it?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Further I also agreed with the person who said the only place liberals want complete freedom is the uterus, they are willing to allow everything else to be handled by the government.

Not at all.
    I'm pro choice because the government shouldn't have control over my body.
    I'm for gay marriage because the government has no place in our hearts.
    I support the separation of church and state because the government should not have a say in our beliefs.
    I support health care for all because the nobody should decide that someone is too poor to live.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Liberal is someone who's not conservative. Pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro-global warming and all that bull Gore spewed. Someone who voted for Obama. Someone who voted for Kerry and Gore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Anyone who disagrees with all the conservatives here on CM Questions.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Anyone with common sense and a heart.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I like to know to, because ever since the elections I just do not get what Dems, Con, Rep.and lib. are any more?? Bush was not a con.Rep. McCain also was not. Only Ron Paul was and they thought he was nuts,because he does not believe in the war because of all the information he got.
    Liberal is what I think, less government and if does not hurt anyone than you can do it if you choose. It is not OBAMA!! So why did they choose him??
    I find them all dirty today!!!! The parties have failed us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Gammie, that is a good point. I was at the state convention, and the people who were speaking for Paul were boo'd by a great many in the center. When in reality, he had things to say that warrented more discussion. Just not what the party wanted to hear.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Ditto pswifey...and I'll add progressive, open minded and tolerant.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• and I'll add progressive, open minded and tolerant.

Sorry this made me laugh.

Only progressive when it comes to growing government.lol Only open minded on things you like doubt you are very open minded to Conservative view points.lol Tolerant only of those you agree with which means you are intolerant since tolerance means being respectful of those you do disagree with. lol

Liberal to me is a person who is for a Nanny state and the only area they want complete freedom is the uterus they are willing to give up all other rights to be taken care of. They are typically for smoking laws, gun control laws, numerous taxes that infringe on our rights, usually very anti war many are anti soldier. Been bashed about my deceased husband who died in Iraq by a few on here.
    Anonymous

• Liberals give a man a fish
    Conservatives teach a man to fish
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Someone who politically leans to the left.

Anonymous