My 7 month old is not crawling?

I have heard from so many moms that their children started crawling around this time. My daughter, although she is good in the walker, is not attempting to crawl. She rolls wherever when she's on the floor. She can sit when I sit her in a sitting position, but she cannot get back up into that position. How can I help facilitate her crawling and sitting?

Meghannbabyyyy

Asked by Meghannbabyyyy at 11:30 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I totally agree with the other PP. Especially with dze527. If LO is in the walker a lot, it will slow her down. LO needs a TON of tummy time. I have a friend with a LO just a month older than mine and she is WAY behind mine. It's because they ALWAYS hold her or she is in a swing, walker, jumper or what ever. They hardly ever let her down to play on her own! Poor thing. Your baby is fine though. Like said before, they learn in time as long as you give them the opportunity to learn it.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my son will be 9 months in a week and hasn't crawled yet. lots of tummy time is the only suggestion I have.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Each baby develops differently. Some babies start early, some late, and some right on time. He will get it eventually. Don't worry ;)
    Anonymous

• Not every baby crawls. It is not even considered a milestone. However, plenty of floor time is crucial for muscle development, and the walker could definitely be hindering crawling.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• There's nothing you can do to facilitate it. I think average is actually 8-12 months, but don't quote me. If she's spending a lot of time in a walker, she's going to crawl later, because she's not on the floor where she will naturally learn to crawl. She's using different muscles, and gets around that way.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009