I am 37 weeks, is it to early to get my membrains stripped?

I need this baby out of me NOW!!
My 3 y/o is suffering more than me hubby and I ae talkin divorce all because I am being a bitch cause I hurt and cant do anything. And its friking HOT!!
So is 37 weeks to early to strip them?
I have a drs appt in the morning and I am going to ask him to do it.. not sure if he will but.. yah know..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They probably wont. Although the baby is full term now, its just not a good idea to rush nature. Sorry you are having such a hard time. Its like that for a lot of women at this stage though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• OP~
    So your telling me that most women have their child saying they hate you?
    my son wants NOTHING NOT A DAMN thing to do with me. he wont let me read to him color play bathe feed or let alone talk to him.
    he doesnt want to be around me And I am home all day with him.
    he screams yells throws things hits me and I do time out and spank when its bad.
    when daddy gets home he is all over him and ignores me like crazy..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't think most doctors considering doing that until at LEAST after 38 weeks, Yes your baby is considered "full term" but doctors these days want to say 40 weeks is full term!
    Back when my mother and oldest sister was having babies, 36 weeks was "full term" Gosh, I wish it was the same way now!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The doctor wouldn't even strip your membranes now even if you wanted it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sorry OP, but your doctor won't strip your membranes just to ease your home life- First off, because your 37 weeks he would require you to do an Amino, than wait until AT LEAST 38 weeks, probably 40 though. My doctor, and a few of my friends doctors won't even THINK about doing anything to progress labor until after 41 weeks. EVERY pregnant mother wants the baby out by 36 weeks usually!!! They hurt, are in pain, crabby, start fights, and there children are mad at them too, that doesn't give the doctor the motivation to do something that can cause problems/complications, and it doesn't give you the "Right" to choose you, over your babies health!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Your child is acting out because there are so many changes going on. You need to find more effective ways of managing his tantrums. It's a hard age, but if you let him treat you this way now, it will only get worse. Talk to your husband about different methods of discipline.

As for your husband, if he can't be understanding of this period in your life where you are super hormonal, then maybe you should sit down and talk to him. The D word being mentioned over THIS is ridiculous. There is more to a marriage than being nice to each other all the time. He should be there for you through the ups AND downs.

And that being said, you can also do more to try and make yourself not as much of a bitch (your words, not mine). I completely understand the hormonal issues going on and I had my bitchfest moments, but I made a huge effort to make sure I didn't let my emotions take control of me. It takes a lot of will power... (cont)
    Anonymous

• BUT you CAN with enough will power. If I did it, you can. You will probably notice a big change in your child and husband's attitudes towards you if you really try to do that.

And for the sweeping... No, I would not do it and your OB probably won't either unless you have a valid medical reason to have the baby. The baby does not always come at a convenient time and does not understand that you are having problems... it only knows that it needs certain things. And at this point it NEEDS more time to develop inside of you. Do the baby a big favor and please wait.

I hope you can find a solution to your problems that is both beneficial to you and not potentially harmful to your unborn child. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I think it is too early. I know it is miserable at the end. At the end of all my pregnancies, I just could not wait for it to be over. But a due date is just an estimate and you could be off as much as two weeks, and your baby could be born with underdeveloped lungs. And stripping the membranes has a risk of infection, which could cause all kinds of other problems. Hang in there mama, and let your baby cook til it's done.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009