how have you trimmed your budget

no matter what your $
everyone is trimming their budget

what are some helpful tips to shave some $

let's learn from each other!

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• 1- cut back our cable service to just basic
    2- limit our eating out
    3- make a lot of our meals from scratch rather then buying packaged stuff
    4- try to make our appointments for the same day so that we are not running into town more then we have to.. (we live 10 miles from town)
    5- packing lunches rather then buying them
    6- not using credit cards for purchases
    7- not giving our children every thing they want like cell phones/pagers/psp game systems ect.
    8- we live comfortablely and go with out so that we know each month we can put some money away for emergencies..
    9- we buy in bulk

I think that is about it... we've never lived above our means, so we really haven't had to cut back too much every thing I've listed is something we have been doing for awhile..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• we get movies from library

free
    and you can keep for one week
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We have stopped eating out. If we do decide to splurge we go for something cheap. We order an extra large 2 topping pizza from Papa Johns or $8.99, we have to pick it up bit it is worth the savings. Or we get two foot longs from subway for $10. We have chips and fresh veggies at home. It sure beats buying everyone a meal for $7-10 a person.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We haven't cut our budget due to the economy. We HAVE recently cut our Dish Network down and our cell phone plans down because we're doing Dave Ramsey's plan to pay off all of our debt. And i'm being more serious about shopping with coupons for groceries and such.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Since we live out in the country, we spend quite a bit of money on gas. We have started trying to take just one or two trips into town a week. Now when school starts and football practice begins, I'll have to go pick up my son every day from school. That makes it harder, but he has twto friends that live within 2 miles of us, so I pick up all the boys and bring them home and their moms pay me weekly to help out with gas.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 12:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I wrote an article on saving at the grocery store. If you would like recipes or meal ideas, contact me offlist:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009