If your husband/SO wanted said he wanted more kids,between 1 and 3 more, Would you comprimise and have more kids even though you didn't really want to?

My hubby told me that he wants at least 1 if not 2 more kids, i'm just fine with the one we have already,i'm honestly not sure if i want another one. He says that if he doesn't have at least one more then he believes he'll regret it when he's older. So i need some help with this!!!

ari_baby

Asked by ari_baby at 11:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Well there is pros and cons to each. I do think you will regret it later if you don't have them. BUT, space them a couple years so you have time to decide. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• the one we already have will be 4 in december, so i'm also worried about the time between the kids....
    ari_baby

Answer by ari_baby at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• It is the opposite for us. I want one or two more and he says we are done. When I asked him why he didn't want anymore he said it is because we rent a small house and he wants to buy a bigger house first. I know he is worried about money and so we have made a plan to get things together so we can buy a house. Then we will revisit it again.
    You need to express WHY you do not want another baby to him and see if you can make a compromise.
    At this point for us, I understand what he is saying and "know" he is right, but it doesn't change my want of more kids. I do logically know that we may not have anymore and I am trying to come to terms with that.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Also as to the age difference, it is ok. My oldest was seven when the second was born and nine when the youngest was born and they are all great friends.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ha ha I'm way past this question me and hubby have 10 all together but I am facing that question as we speak, hubby wants 1 more and I'm content with the children we have ... so good luck with that one!

It's a blessing to give your children siblings, and I know that 2 children can be a lot to handle but if you can find a compromise with husband so that he does not have regrets later. You might even have regrets later on that your feel you won't now... its something to really really think hard about .. good luch hun
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Aww i wish my husband would say that to me, we have a son each from previous relationships who are 6 and 7 (we met at our sons school :) ) and we have a 17 month old son together,i would love atleast 1 more to make an even number....im sure once your baby is a little bit older you might like the idea of a sibling for him/her? to play with! x
    saraloutoni

Answer by saraloutoni at 2:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My dh and I have 10 kids together! Most of them are grown. About 2 years ago he wanted us to have a baby together.....I played along for a bit, then I came to my senses! I was 43 at the time, and already had grandchildren....I really don' t think I could handle another baby full time! You have to do what is right for your family. You and your dh have to agree. Maybe right now isn't the right time for you, but you shouldn't say never. Keep it open.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Id compromise and have one more.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ALL I GOT TO SAY IS OPEN THEM LEGS AND GET TO FUCKING
    Anonymous

• Why would you have a child that you do not want? A child will pick up on these feelings.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009