Mother of 5 killed for owning a cell phone

What do you think of this?

The article says : A man is being held on suspicion he bludgeoned his daughter with an iron chain, cracking her skull in a particularly brutal family "honor killing," two human rights groups said Wednesday, citing police and forensics reports.

The assault was triggered by Jawdat Najjar's discovery that his daughter Fadia — a 27-year-old divorced mother of five — owned a cell phone, the groups said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ahhh yes, another loving family, members of the religion of peace...hmmm....
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ah its in a diff country thats why. some customs people uphold in other countries are just insane.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• so divorcing isn't a disgrace but having a cell phone is?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• if it's being "upheld" then why is he being held in custody?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sad, very sad. Be thankful if you are an American and the benefits and cultural expectations that are granted as your birth right. In many countries, unfortunately it is hard to be a woman and be smart, to not need a man or to simply be independent.

This attack was an extreme case but many things, really bad things happen to people in many countries any day just for speaking up their minds.

And yes, most Americans will never know or understand the meaning of living in fear for ones own safety at the hands of your own family who suppose to love you, accept you, and protect you. Very sad no other words to describe it. Let us hope that this woman finds the courage to find herself and to redefine who she is, a woman, a human been not a piece of property or an asset.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She's dead bebita.

This is very sad and I am so thankful I live in a country where women are people and not property.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Right anon do you feel the love? Islam religion of "peace" my arse.
    Anonymous

• This is very sad. I know some contries are very strict and that makes some men think they can control more than they should. I think this is just one of those cases.

Other people don't always do things I agree with. This reminds me of soemthing that happened in HS. Not nearly as bad though. A young girl always wore her head covered. Another student, being stupid and ignorant of their culture, pulled it down off the top of her head. Her father shaved all of the hair that had been seen in public. I understand they have their customs and I can respect her wearing what she wants. But she couldn't countrol this person, so should she really have been punished for it?
    Anonymous

• Sure anon I mean they punish the females for being raped too.
    Anonymous