I think I know my due date but maybe someone else can help me figure it out a little better?

Let's see normally my cycle is on the 2nd through the 7th of each month. But
I got a second greeting from it on father's day which was the 21st of June. I have read but never had any prior experience with this happening that when you get pregnant there can be a showing of blood that happens when the sperm enters the egg. Reflecting back I am guessing that is the date of conception but it was heavy enough to be a second period. Could this still have been the date even though it was heavy?
I think that would put my due date at March 21st?

Lalaloveyou

Asked by Lalaloveyou at 11:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, a doctor can
    Anonymous

• There is no blood when the sperm meets the egg. I'm not sure where you read that.
    Anonymous

• Well of Course a Doctor can tell me, geez. Obviously there are some intelligent people out there that understand how to calculate birth date based on the cycle because it all falls in to a time frame anyway. I'm just excited about the pregnancy and I want to know as much as I can as soon as I can and being pregnant I'm brain fogged. If you can't answer the question or at least play around with it politely why bother.
    Lalaloveyou

Answer by Lalaloveyou at 12:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• IF the 2nd bleeding was caused by the pregnancy it was from the egg implanting in the uterus, not the actual fertilization itself. If it was indeed implantation bleeding then your EDD would be around March 9th. If it WASN'T and you had another period (which is possible) then your due date would be around March 22nd.

When you go to the OB or a midwife, tell them about the issues concerning your period and they can either guess off of your uterus size which is the more accurate EDD or they can perform an early ultrasound to date you.

Hope this helped. :)
    Anonymous