smells...

ok our AC broke, but i still have the fan ruinning from the basememnt to keep the air cooler.. the problem is now the house SMELLS!!! terrible! candles and febreeze arent working! what can i do? its making me want to puke!

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• THE HAVE THESE SCENTED PADS FROM LOWES THAT YOU CAN PUT ON YOUR FAN BLADES ,AND WHEN ITS ON IT CIRCULATES THE AIR AND SCENT AROUND!(THEY ALSO MAKE THESE FOR A/C'S)PLUG IN AIR FRESHENERS WORK GOOD IN SMALL ROOMS,AND AIRWICK WORKS AWESOME IN BIG ROOMS! IF YOU HAVE CARPET I RECOMMEND USING A CARPET FRESHENER!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• to make a cheap carpet freshner use baking soda and mix in a essential oil or fragrance oil. I use essential oils, but my friend uses those frangrance oils that come in the huge bottles for the warmers from walmart. (warmers are a good scent idea too) the fragrance is CHEAP and so is baking soda so u can use it everyday. it is the same thing that is in a reg carpet powder. what does it smell like? is it a musty smell?
    Anonymous

• musty smell, and smells like garbage! we dont ahve any carpet so carpet powders wouldnt work! it jsut sucks i have to be hot and have a srinky house until we move in a month!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009