what time do your preschoolers wake up

and what time do you wake up? I'm 9 months pregnant so I'm up and down all night. lately ds (3y/o) has been waking up between 7:30 and 8:30 whereas I sleep til 9 to 10... I feel bad cause he never wakes me up... I have an alarm set for 8 but I can never seem to actually get up... but even when I do, he won't eat breakfast so its not like he's going hungry... I'm just curious if any other moms sleep later than their children or am I a bad mom cause of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Usually between 7am and 8:30am, they usually go to bed around 8-9pm
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My children are 5, almost 3 and 16 months. They usually wake up at the same time, which is right around 7am every single morning. They wake me right up as soon as they get up, but even if they didn't I hear their door as soon as the first one is up and it wakes me up. I sometimes lay down on the couch for a little while after that while they watch some cartoons and play quietly, but it's not long before they want breakfast and our day starts. I wouldn't call you a bad mom, but at 3 years old my oldest knew how to unlock and open doors and at almost 3 my younger son knows how to now too, so I would not have been comfortable letting them be up for any amount of time on their own at that/this age. They'd be able to go outside if they wanted or open the basement door and and fall down the stairs or who knows what else...
    Anonymous

• Oh, I hear them get up but I stay in bed until they tell me they are ready to eat, or until they start fighting..lol
    Sleep all you can as long as the kids are safe.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ds does know how to open doors but we have one of those door handle lock things you see at daycares... he can't open that so when he does want out he calls me and that's when I finally drag outta bed... thanks for not judging by the way...
    Anonymous

• "ds does know how to open doors but we have one of those door handle lock things you see at daycares... he can't open that so when he does want out he calls me and that's when I finally drag outta bed... thanks for not judging by the way..."

We tried the handle covers and they worked for a while, but they figured out how to get their fingers into the whole and turn the knob. My younger son learned faster obviously because he saw his big brother do it a few times. It's completely understandable that you have a hard time waking up in the morning being pregnant and not sleeping well. As long as you know he's safe there's really no problem.
    Anonymous

• My daughter normally gets up around 8-8:30 in the summer. During the school year, we're up around 6:30- 7:00 am for preschool/ work. I do lay in bed until she comes to get me. My daughter will lay in bed and look at books though for an hour or more in the morning. She's the world's easiest kid.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 6:15 am on the weekdays when we have to get her up. On the weekends she gets herself up at 7am.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• 7:30 is the latest my son can sleep to because I need to have him to school by 8:25 so I can be at work by 8:30. On weekends, he's usually awake before 8AM on his own.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• My youngest is 3 and is up around 6am every morning. Sometimes her brother and sister get up (or she wakes them up) but a lot of times she just gets up, gets herself a cup of water and watches cartoons until someone gets her breakfast. The other kids get up around 7am-8am usually except for my 6yo who will sometimes wake up earlier. I don't get up until 8 or 9am and they know not to wake me up.

My kids have been getting their own cereal/toast in the morning since they were 4/5 years old. The older 3 (who are now 6 1/2, 7 1/2 and 9) get her breakfast and have since she was 2. They love doing it. Actually she can get her own cereal, she just needs someone to pour the milk for her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Mine are up by 6:30 every day. They usually go potty and come and wake me up right away because we have a gate up preventing them from going down the steps (they are 3).
    doublethejoy616

Answer by doublethejoy616 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2009