Do You Have To Have A Period To Get Pregnant????

I have'nt had a period in a while, but me and my husband are trying to have another baby. Someone told me you don't. But why is it taking so long????

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you breast feeding? You don't have to have a period to get pregnant-thats why they say don't use breastfeeding as a form of birth control bc you ovulate before your period.
    Anonymous

• You have to ovulate to get pregnant. Your period will come 11-15 days after you ovulate, unless you get pregnant. So if you happen to get pregnant when you ovulate for the first time in a while, then you won't have a period. But you'll have to pay really close attention (or go to a doctor for help) to determine when you ovulate, because it's obviously not regular if you're not having a period.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• lets clarify something you do not need to bleed to become pregnant every month no matter what you will release one of your eggs to be fertilized by your mans semen , bleeding is just the process of your body flushing out all the old lining of your uterus that's all i got pregnant with my son this way i never bled just ovulated but it is very tough trying to track it though you could always start birth control to regulate your cycle or watch for the change in vaginal mucus good luck!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009