Making a menu on a budget...

I am needing help with menu planning. We have a tight budget and I am tired of the same old meals. Everyday I wait to the last minute to figure out what is for dinner. I am wanting to do a dinner family menu.

Does anyone know any great groups for this? Any great groups for receipes, meal ideas, for families on a budget?

Or any great websites? You get the idea.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 12:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use www.mealsmatter.org to put together a meal plan for my week or month. I'd strongly advise you to sit down and make a list by category (ground beef, beef, pork, chicken, pizzas, etc.) of things your family enjoys and will eat. I managed to come up with almost 60 meals. Then, you go through your pantry, fridge and freezer and make a list of everything edible. Sit down and try to make a few meals from what you already have on hand. Grab the sales ads and try to make meals from what is still on your list and what are in the ads. WRITE down your meal plan and keep it posted.
    I belong to several groups that have recipes and ideas for planning meals on a budget. Frugal Mommies, Dave Ramsey Fans, Cooking from Scratch....you just need to start looking.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Check out this web site:hillybillyhousewife.com
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• there are lots of groups like this on CafeMom. here is link to healthy menu planning on a budget: http://www.cafemom.com/group/healthyfood

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009