When did you start brushing your childrens teeth?

My daughter is six months and has one tooth, well half a tooth. I use the finger brush and have been since around 3 months. But I was just curious when other parents started adn when I should start regularly brushing with the tooth brush.

JocelynsMama1

Asked by JocelynsMama1 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not sure when you're supposed to, but i just started with my son because he had two teeth come in. he just turned 8 months old. you could always call a dentist, or heck google it lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When they got teeth. :)
    Anonymous

• I did it with the finger brush from about 3 months, because it helps ease the pain of teething, and got her in the habit. Once she got teeth, I started with a normal toothbrush (which was around 6 months) shes 18 months almost now and loves it :) I do it twice a day
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i started brushing mines when they start getting teeth THATS WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO IT
    Anonymous

• When they get teeth. I use a razberry toothbrush, and my dd loves it. We started then with my older dd, and toothbrushing is never a battle at our house. They climb over each other for turns.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We started as soon as he had a couple of teeth with a toddler tooth brush and just water so that he was used to it. He's 12 months now and just opens up for it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• When Emi got her first tooth at 6 months I handed her a baby tooth brush and let her chew on it while I brushed my teeth. After about a week she started trying to move it back and forth like I was doing. I brush her teeth when she's done brushing them.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Just curious what does DD stand for? Sorry Its on your post I just seen it a lot on here. I'm new :)
    Sadismom0920

Answer by Sadismom0920 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2009