My friend seems to think my kids suffering is funny?

This may seem stupid lol, but I just have to talk about it. So temps were over 104 yesterday, and we don't have airconditioners in our base housing. Well my friend lives in newer base housing, that has a cooling system similar to AC, and she is going on and on about how she is loving the heat. So I say yeah its miserable for us. We are dripping sweat even sitting under a fan. I tell her my kids can't sleep at night because they are so hot, and my son got nausea and vomiting from the heat yesterday. So I say wow I hope this heat goes away soon. She's like yeah well I'm being greedy, I love it I wish it would stay its not that hot ha ha ha. Then she's like "oh its so cool in my house, I think I will bring in an extra fan today to keep it nice and cool or maybe I will go buy an AC", when I just said yeah if I could afford an AC I would buy one. What would you say to that? She thinks its funny that my kids are so hot they're sick

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you want my opinion...and I guess you did ask! lol I'd say she doesn't sound much like a friend at all.
    I was an army spouse for 14 yrs, and I know that sometimes you end up being friends with someone because of the circumstance you are living under, not because of having much of anything in common. I say this because I'm not sure how good of friends you are, if it was me, I think I'd not spend too much time around her if she's going to treat you like that. I know it might sound like a strange question...does her husband outrank yours? I knew wives like that, if their husband outranked mine...the wife would sometimes act like she outranked me. In those cases...I knew they weren't really a friend and stopped seeing them.
    I hope it cools down for you soon....fall/winter is coming...although we're in NW Florida....it won't really cool down here much either.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Sorry if I sound like I'm whining lol, I'm not, I plan to get them out of the heat today just couldn't yesterday with no money and no gas. Today's payday so we are heading to KMart and grocery store while its 100 out today lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i have to say a TRUE friend would at least say can u and the kids come here to cool off. not rub it in your face...i have ac but we dont have xtream heat right now just muggy and humid but my bestfriend who dosent live far will always call me and invite me and the kids to go swimming even when shes at work she will call and say go to my house and swim if u want. and i got one of my ac's from her ( her neighbor was selling one for 80 dollars almost brand new great condition ) and she keeps an eye out when i need something. i think your friend was being rude and selfish i dont like people that gloat when someone is misrable xpecilly kids...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Well girl, you can come over and bring the kids swimming or hang out here if ya like!
    What a bitch btw!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• She sounds shallow to me.  She is so concerned about her own selfish needs and ignorant of those less fortunate.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yeah she doesn't invite us over because she only has a baby and a 3 year old, and my kids are 5, 10, and 12. I'm talking to her right now, I said yeah I'm going shopping today while it's hot she's like "oh yeah I just got out of a cool shower, its nice in my house right now, I hope this heat stays around". I just feel like saying "shut up!" lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No your not whining... your miserable and its understandable, I sure hope that the heat in your area goes away so that the kids are not so miserable.. I'm sorry that your SO CALLED friend doesn't know how to be a true friend ugh..

Try wetting a hand towel and laying it on your childrens pillow at night so that when the fan hits them it will cool off a bit, when your head gets hot your whole body does too and that is what makes you get over heated and feel sick.... if I was closer I'd say come on over during the day to give you some relief cause it is no fun suffering through the heat!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:51 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No her husband is lower than mine by one rank. Thanks for the advice, I was feeling a bit like it was a stupid complaint lol. She just likes to make her life out to be perfect, she's always got all her house all clean, her kids are perfect, she always has money for whatever they want, etc. That type of person lol. Her life isn't all that great, I know, but she puts others down to build her life up. Oh well. Yeah its kinda one of those situation being friends because our husbands work together.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't think it is stupid of you to take offence of her insensitivity. I don't think she is loving the fact that your kids are getting sick...but she is very self absorbed. IMO a true friend would say oh you poor thing...why don't you come hang out at my house...or your kids are always welcome and to spend the night. She is rude. We have air and a pool. My house is like a bead and breakfast during the summer. How can I say no to those who are stuck in the heat? Just not right.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• wow that doesnt sound like a nice friend!! I wouldnt find any humor in kids being hot and sick!
    chloesmommy0208

Answer by chloesmommy0208 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2009