Military help for the swine flu? Why would we need military help?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a_xObcaSxF2o

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ToriandGrace....using the military to force the American people to take a vaccine is not " planning for homeland defense", it is tyranny and a violation of Posse Comitatus no matter how you wish to spin it.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 7:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Anonymous

• Yeah, I really don't see this happening. I mean it could, but I seriously doubt it. Human testing has already begun on the H1N1 flu vaccine, and within a few months they should know any potential risks of the vaccine, but I don't think they will have even produced enough vaccine by then to REQUIRE every person in the USA to get the vaccine. I mean we have shortages of regular flu vaccines why would they be able to produce enough H1N1 vaccine to get it out to everyone in that short amount of time? Yes, it could come back as deadly as the 1918 Spanish Influenza, but we also have much more treatment options available these days too. I am not overly concerned. If there is an outbreak, I will pull my kids from school, and we will stay as isolated as possible til it is contained or til the season is over.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "The military, as they would for a natural disaster or other significant emergency situation, could provide support and fulfill any tasks that civilian authorities could not, such as air transport or testing of large numbers of viral samples from infected patients."

The military helps with many civilian issues. You can believe your conspiracy websites if you'd like. I'll be one of those suckers that follows "mainstream media."
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• They are putting additives to "stretch the vaccine". Read the link from the post. I understand the military is great for helping move stuff, but that is NOT what is going to happen here.
    Anonymous

• I read the article in the link.

My hubby is a military commander. I have discussed this with him.

There has been a "crisis" plan in place for decades. The military has resources that can be tapped instantly. Resources such as planes, trucks and state of the art medical facilities that can be deployed, they can literally set up a hospital in just a few hours. They can also bring in critical medical care providers.

This very plan could have been used with Hurricane Katrina, but the governor of the state refused to ask for the troops. A governor of a state must ask for them. The feds can't just send them out.

Our local base has worked with the town on a crisis plan. It could be used for anything from an earthquake to a dirty bomb.

If my hubby isn't worried then I'm not. BTW, we are a very conservative family and are wary of what is going on in the country right now.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'd love to see all these big macho man military types when they start rounding up puking, pale, nasty people for their bathrooms! Military, phewy. You need a bunch of mom's to help with quarantine should that ever happen. But it's just the flu. It's only a pandemic due to the amount of people who have it, not the severity of it.  They cannot reasonably force the vaccine just becuase it's inconvient.  There would have to be a lot more deaths related to this for real concerns to be raised.  And there's no harm in preparing (or where you guys not around for Katrina?) for worst case senarios.  What if it mutates and you really are putting millions of people at risk by not protecting yoruself?  Then what?  hehehe.  This all reminds me of outbreak.

Anonymous

• Isn't this the norm that the military will be activated in case of catastrophic disasters? Wasn't Cheney going to "release the hounds" on a suspected terror ring in NJ?
    Anonymous

• Does this not concern anyone that this violates Posse Comitatus?
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 5:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• "Does this not concern anyone that this violates Posse Comitatus?"

http://www.homelandsecurity.org/journal/Articles/Trebilcock.htm
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2009