Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I Tell?

I have a great job. I get to meet celebrity types and high profiled people in the industry. I'm afraid to talk about these things because of the legalities surrounding my job. Anyway- recently on an interview out of state- I interviewed someone who 'pardoned' themselves to snort coke off a coffee table right in front of me then offered me some. I declined. A few minutes later, their two kids came in with the Nanny and the mom gave them cookies and sat them right on the table she just snorted coke off of. Should I tell anyone this? I dont mean alert the AP, but my boss? Child Protective Services?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Let's put it this way, If you know of abuse or witness abuse and you don't report it, you are legally just as liable for it as the person that did it. You can report what you saw without leaving your name. If you bring it to your bosses attention, you may open a can of worms with your boss that you dont want to. Leave an anonymous report with the local social services department for that area. Strung out coke user's are not the kind of people kids should be around. They tend to be very ugly. Also, when they crash, they crash hard. And, god forbid one of the little ones got ahold of it.

    Answer by dunkley4 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

  • Um yea. I'd tell anonymously. Just say there is a suspicion. If they did it in front of you, I'm sure they've done it in front of others

    Answer by lnmauldin7 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • If youre worried about putting your name out there as the one who notified someone, you can contact social services or child protective services annonimously. That way you've done something, but without getting yourself more involved. If it were me, I would do that and I also would tell your boss and let him/her know that you dont want to be invovled with that client anymore.

    Answer by Oldham80 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • yeah think about the kids,and i would tell a magazine

    Answer by avismama at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • definately tell... like the other response said you can do so and stay secretive.. that's no enviroment for kids

    Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • YES!!! I think I would call CPS and give a tip or something. I think if you told your boss that he would have to report it anyways??? Good luck.

    Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • I would say something to CPS anonymously so that you don't jeopordize your job. Most celebrities that have been "outed" about drugs say that it was the best thing to happen to them because they got help... not to mention what their kids are going through

    Answer by msp12r at 10:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • are you nuts? You could probally get a million easy for selling the story to one of the scandle mags! Espically if it's a famous person!!

    Answer by vbruno at 11:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

  • I'd call CPS, tell my boss and anyone else because those kids need to be taken away from this incompetent parent.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

  • YES! If the kids DIE from eating COKE - do you want that on your concience? Seriously! Why even ask on cafemom! I would have excused myself IMMEDIATELY and called the cops on my way OUT TO MY CAR!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008