Does anyone else ever lose something.. search everywhere for it, then ask God where it is, and find it the second they finish that prayer?

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 1:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do. My God may not be your idea of a religionized God which is something I learned from my experiences in asking. I don't quantify. I can't because it doesn't fit. Christianity does touch on gifts but mine don't fit in a neat little box. It just happens or it doesn't and I'm happy when it does.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes I have several times.
    However I have heard stories of someone losing something elsewhere and it reappear where they are in another location! So kewl !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Can't say that I have. I've lost something and then found it a day later in plain sight. You know after I've stopped looking for it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have asked the fairies to politely put things back that they have taken to play with....and within a few minutes its usually back.
    Anonymous

• Well, many people sit and think about where they could have misplaced something and it pops into their mind- without God.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No. LOL. WIshful thinking.
    Anonymous

• It's Blue People. They forget to put things back.

I find stuff I lose all the time without benefit of a deity.

Anon @ 1:21...god can help them find lost keys and stuff because he's obviously not off helping starving children or creating peace from war or any of that sort of stuff. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have had it happen. I know there are a lot of other "more important" things going on in the world than the fact that my dd lost her binky and is flipping out, but our God is SO BIG that He actually does care about my dd's binky.

I believe that my God is big enough to care about the small things too.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LOL...roachiesmom, and who are these Blue People??? You have piqued my curiosity!
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 3:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• LOL, really??? OK so let me get this straight, the thing who you believe is the creator of the world, has the time to stop and help you find something? Really? As if he doesn't have enough to worry about....like all of the starving people, or the wars fought in his name killing millions.

Yes I do, the God I believe in is big enough to care about everyone and everything. Including you.

There are many ways God could intervien in this particular situation, He can direct our minds to remember, or perhaps just being with our Lord in a direct way calms our hearts and minds enough that we find the object we need.  Either way I don't believe in luck, so it has to be Him.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2009