Am I a SAHM?

I consider myself a SAHM, but when my youngest turned 6 months old I went back to waiting tables Friday nights at the restaurant I used to manage. It's fun because I know all of the regulars, and I make BANK. I'm gone a total of 2.5 hours of my son's waking hours, and my older kids are at their dad's on Friday nights. Can I still consider myself a SAHM, even though I have a job one night a week?

Asked by missanc at 1:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes you are a sahm
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yup, you are!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Definitely :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I would consider you to be. That amount of time is not enough to say that you are a mom with a career. I personally hate the term sahm vs. working mom...every mother is a working mom.

I take a few hours outside the home each week to destress and have some me time. You do too, but when you leave, you bring $$ INTO the home. I just spend it! :)
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 1:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes I'd say your a SAHM...that is your main job. What you do on one night a week, is for you, it's like "me" time....and you get some extra cash!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• yes
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Yes, and I wish I had a job one night a week out of the house..might keep me more sain..LOL...
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2009